For fifty years, UACES has supported its international, multidisciplinary members in their careers, and promoted the research and teaching of contemporary European Studies. Join UACES in our Golden Anniversary year as we look forward to the next fifty.
There are three different types of UACES membership - Individual, Student and Group. The benefits available to each membership type are as follows:
Individual (Standard) Membership
- Members' discount on UACES-run events
- Apply for Small Event grants
- Eligible to apply for funding for Collaborative Research Networks
- Access to the UACES members' email list
- Discounts on a wide range of books and journals
- Receive the triannual UACES Digital Newsletter
- A listing on Expert on Europe
- Eligible for the UACES Best Book prize
- Publicity for your books in the UACES newsletter and on our website
- Eligible to vote in UACES elections
- All of the Individual Membership benefits above, with the exception of funding for Collaborative Research Networks. In addition, student members are:
- Eligible to apply for the UACES Scholarships
- Eligible to receive travel support for selected events
- Eligible for Student members' discount on UACES-run event
- Eligible for the UACES Best Thesis prize
Student membership is applicable to anyone currently studying for a PhD or masters degree in any country. Please note, postdoctoral researchers must apply for Individual Membership.
- Up to ten staff/students can attend UACES-run events at the members' rate
- Apply for Small Event Grants
- Any member of staff or student can join the UACES members' email list (with their University email address)
- Free advertisements on the Jobs Board for positions in the department
- The triannual UACES Digital Newsletter sent to the department
- A profile for the Department on the UACES website
Group membership covers staff and students within an organisation.
For a University, we define an organisation as a Department, a Centre, a School or a Faculty within the University, not the University as a whole.