Terms & Conditions
Funding available, for up to 45 students, subject to the Conditions of Funding:
- 90.00 GBP towards travel expenses (see points 4, 5, 6 below)
- 50.00 GBP towards accommodation (see points 7 and 8 below)
Conditions of Funding
- Funding is conditional upon attendance;
- These funding amounts are not transferable (i.e. if your travel is relatively cheap, you can't transfer the unused amount towards accommodation);
- Funding is only available to postgraduate students (both UACES members and non UACES members) who are currently registered with a recognised university;
- We cannot contribute towards accommodation expenses for any student who is currently registered at a University within Edinburgh;
- Travel will ONLY be eligible for funding if it takes place between 6-12 January 2016;
- We can only contribute towards the cost of economy class travel.
- Eligible accommodation is either a hotel, hostel or B&B. We cannot reimburse students who stay with friends or family;
- Accommodation will ONLY be eligible for funding between 6-9 January 2016. If you book multiple nights, the maximum funding available will still be 50 GBP for the entire stay;
- Reimbursements will only be made to those who attend the full event;
- Please keep all original receipts/tickets as you will need to supply these with your claim for travel and/or accommodation expenses (we keep the receipts);
- For electronic receipts, please print an extra copy and bring it with you to the conference;
- Expenses will be reimbursed by cheque for UK-based students and by paypal for non-UK students. Please set up a Paypal account in advance of the conference if you do not already have one;
- Claims must be submitted between 12 January and 31 January 2016.
- For cancellations received on Tuesday 5 January or earlier, we will refund 100% of any monies received;
- We would not normally offer a refund for any cancellations received after Tuesday 5 January.
If you have any questions about the funding available, please email email@example.com BEFORE the conference and BEFORE you spend any money.
Note: The registration fees are in pounds sterling. This means that if you use a non-UK credit or debit card, or non-UK PayPal account, the amount you pay will depend on the prevailing exchange rate. However, any refunds that we process will also be in pounds sterling and will also depend on the prevailing exchange rate. When exchange rates are relatively stable, the discrepancies in the amounts are usually trivial; when exchange rates are fluctuating the amounts can be more significant (i.e. the amount you are refunded may be less than the amount you paid).