Terms & Conditions
Funding will only be offered to those whose paper proposal was accepted following the Call for Papers.
There are up to 50 funded places available at the conference. Funding is only awarded to delegates who are currently studying for or who have submitted their PhD within the last three years by the time of the conference.
Conditions of Funding
- Funding is conditional upon attendance;
- Funding is also conditional upon the provision of a completed research paper (6000-8000 words), blog post, podcast or policy brief by 05 June 2017
- By sending us a paper, blog post, podcast or policy brief delegates give us permission to display the submission on our website, before, during and after the conference;
- Travel will ONLY be eligible for funding if it takes place between 1 - 4 July 2017 for travel to/from Newcastle;
- UACES can contribute up to 100.00 GBP towards travel expenses. This funding amount is not transferable (i.e. if your travel is relatively cheap, you can't transfer the unused amount towards accommodation);
- Our definition of travel includes flights, airport transfers, metro/bus etc.
- We can only contribute towards the cost of economy class travel.
- UACES can contribute 40.00 GBP towards accommodation expenses on 2 July 2017 and 40.00 GBP towards accommodation expenses on 3 July 2017 in eligible accommodation - this funding amount is not transferable (i.e. if your accommodation is relatively cheap, you can't transfer the unused amount towards travel);
- Eligible accommodation is either a hotel, hostel, student halls or a B&B. We cannot reimburse students who stay with friends or family;
- We cannot contribute to accommodation costs for those registered at a university in Newcastle.
- Reimbursements will only be made to those who attend both days of the full event;
- Please keep all original receipts/tickets as you will need to supply these with your claim for travel and/or accommodation expenses (we keep the receipts);
- For electronic receipts, please print an extra copy to submit with your claim;
- Expenses will be reimbursed by cheque for UK-based students and by paypal for non-UK students. Please set up a Paypal account in advance of the conference if you do not already have one;
- Claims must be submitted between 4-31 July 2017.