Terms & Conditions
Funding will only be offered to those whose paper proposal was accepted following the Call for Papers.
Conditions of Funding
- Funding is conditional upon attendance;
- Funding is also conditional upon the provision of a completed paper for the conference by 3 June 2015. If the paper is not supplied, the funding offer will be withdrawn. By paper, we expect 6,000-8,000 words (not a chapter from your thesis; not a PowerPoint presentation);
- By sending us a paper, paper-givers give us permission to display the paper on our website, before, during and after the conference;
- Travel will ONLY be eligible for funding if it takes place between 26 June - 4 July 2015 for travel to/from Belfast;
- UACES can contribute up to 100.00 GBP towards travel expenses for those on direct flights to Belfast (e.g. London Heathrow to Belfast return, or Edinburgh to Belfast return) - this funding amount is not transferable (i.e. if your travel is relatively cheap, you can't transfer the unused amount towards accommodation);
- UACES can contribute up to 160.00 GBP towards travel expenses for those requiring connecting flights to Belfast (e.g. Rome to Belfast via London Heathrow return) - this funding amount is not transferable (i.e. if your travel is relatively cheap, you can't transfer the unused amount towards accommodation);
- Our definition of travel includes flights, airport transfers, metro/bus etc.
- We can only contribute towards the cost of economy class travel.
- UACES can contribute 85.00 GBP towards accommodation expenses in eligible accommodation - this funding amount is not transferable (i.e. if your accommodation is relatively cheap, you can't transfer the unused amount towards travel);
- Eligible accommodation is either a hotel, hostel, student halls or a B&B. We cannot reimburse students who stay with friends or family;
- Reimbursements will only be made to those who attend both days of the full event;
- Please keep all original receipts/tickets as you will need to supply these with your claim for travel and/or accommodation expenses (we keep the receipts);
- For electronic receipts, please print an extra copy to submit with your claim;
- Expenses will be reimbursed by cheque for UK-based students and by paypal for non-UK students. Please set up a Paypal account in advance of the conference if you do not already have one;
- Claims must be submitted between 1-21 July 2015.
REIMBURSEMENT (FOR TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION EXPENSES)
If you have any questions about the funding available, please email email@example.com BEFORE the conference and BEFORE you spend any money.