Terms & Conditions
Funding offer for accepted paper-givers
- 100 GBP towards travel expenses;
- 40 GBP towards accommodation for the night of Wednesday 23 April 2014;
- 40 GBP towards accommodation for the night of Thursday 24 April 2014;
Conditions of funding
- Funding is conditional upon attendance;
- Funding is also conditional upon the provision of a completed paper for the conference by 7 April 2014. If the paper is not supplied, the funding offer will be withdrawn. By paper, we expect 6,000-8,000 words (not a chapter from your thesis; not a powerpoint presentation);
- By sending us a paper, paper-givers give us permission to display the paper on our website, before, during and after the conference;
- Funding is only available to postgraduate students who are currently registered with a recognised university;
- We cannot contribute towards accommodation expenses for any student who is currently registered at one of the following universities: Aston University, Birmingham City University, Coventry University, University of Birmingham, University of Wolverhampton or the University of Warwick;
- Eligible accommodation is either a hotel, hostel or B&B. We cannot reimburse students who stay with friends or family;
- We can only contribute towards accommodation for the nights of Wednesday 23 April 2014 and Thursday 24 April 2014;
- Travel will only be eligible for funding if it takes place between 22-28 April 2014;
- We can only contribute towards the cost of economy class travel.
- Reimbursements will only be made to those who attend both days of the event;
- Please keep all original receipts/tickets as you will need to supply these with your claim for travel and/or accommodation expenses (we keep the receipts);
- For electronic receipts, please print an extra copy and bring with you to the conference;
- Expenses will be reimbursed by cheque for UK-based students and by paypal for non-UK students. Please set up a Paypal account in advance of the conference if you do not already have one;
- Claims must be submitted between 24 April and 9 May 2014.
- If you can no longer attend the conference for any reason, please tell us as soon as possible and before 7 April 2014.
If you have any questions about the funding available, please email email@example.com before the 7 April 2014 and before you spend any money.