The Young Researchers Platform of the Academic Research Network on Agencification of EU Executive Governance (TARNYRP) aims to bring together early career academics doing research on the agencification of EU executive governance.
On 20 November 2017 TARNYRP organizes a workshop on the Current and Future Challenges of EU Agencification. The call for papers invites young researchers in political science, law, public administration and economics to submit abstracts for papers to be presented at the workshop.
The organizers welcome submissions addressing present-day challenges which are posed by the continuing agencification of EU executive governance. In particular contributions on:
- the role and position of EU agencies in the evolution of EU governance;
- the challenges agencification poses under EU procedural law (role and position of agencies' Boards of Appeal also in light of the reform of the General Court, agencies' active locus standi, agencies' right to intervene in judicial proceedings, etc.);
- the constitutionality of agencification (questions on legal basis, agencies' powers, agencies' soft law, proceduralisation of agencies' decision-making processes, etc.);
- the external dimension to agencification (agencies' treaty making power, agencies' participation in international fora, third countries' participation in EU agencies, agencies' role in differentiated integration, etc.);
- the effectiveness of the agency instrument (agencies' contribution to a better implementation of EU law, agencies' relationship with national authorities, etc.);
- the accountability of or political control over EU agencies (vis-à-vis or by national parliaments, the European Parliament, the European Ombudsman, Data Protection Supervisors, etc.)